Virginia/DC FLL Team Registration
All teams must register with VA/DC FLL in order to participate in FLL activities in Virginia or DC. This registration is different from the FLL national registration, which must be completed prior to VA/DC FLL registration. There are separate fees for national registration and for VA/DC FLL registration.
The VA/DC FLL registration fee is $100 per team, payable upon registration. Payment may be made by check, credit card, or a purchase order from a Virginia or DC school system. Payment instructions will be provided during the VA/DC FLL registration process. Please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions for more information about the registration process. All teams wishing to participate in any of the VA/DC FLL Regional Tournaments must complete this tournament registration process by October 10th.
You will need the following information to register:
- FLL team number (provided by FLL during national registration)
- Coach's contact information
- Team member details including name, gender, date of birth (to allow the system to assign age division), and whether or not the team member has participated in FLL before
NOTE: Your browser MUST have cookies enabled to use the registration system. (Instructions for enabling cookies.)
Step 1. Create a Team Manager Account
- A Team Manager is the person responsible for team registration. The Manager may also be the Coach, or one Manager may be responsible for several teams with different Coaches.
- A Team Manager account is necessary in order to register individual teams.
- To create a Team Manager account, enter and confirm your email address, then enter and confirm your chosen password.
Note: Team manager accounts are deleted at the end of each season. You must create a new Team Manager account each year, regardless of prior year registration.
Step 2. Login as Team Manager
- After you have created your Team Manager account, login in order to access the remaining team management functions.
- You can also return later and login again with the same account.
Step 3. Add a New Team
- You will need the team's official FLL team number (provided by FLL), as well as contact information for the coach and basic information about the team. Team numbers must be entered as 5 digits. Add leading zeros if necessary, e.g., "00827".
NOTE: There will be a lag of a few days between when you register your team with FLL (national registration) and when you are eligible to register your team with VADCFLL (regional registration). This is due to the delay involved in the transfer of information from FLL to our local registration system.
- Several teams may be added before proceeding to the remaining steps. Other teams may be added later as well.
- Select Add a New Team from the Manager Options menu to create a new team. Then fill out the form that appears and click the Add a New Team button at the bottom.
- If you need to modify the team description or contact information later, select View / Edit Team Registration Information from the Manager Options menu. You will be shown a list of teams that you have registered so far. Click the words View / Edit Team Info next to the team that you want to modify.
Step 4. Submit Registration Payment
The registration fee is $100 per team, which entitles your team to compete in one regional tournament. There are three payment options:
- Pay by credit card.
Pay online at https://quikpayasp.com/jmu/commerce_manager/payer.do?orderType=VADCFLL
(An additional $2.50 credit card processing fee will be charged with this option.)
- Pay by check.
Send a check for $100, payable to "JMU", to the address below. Be sure to include your team number on the check so that it can be correctly credited. Multiple payments may be included in the same check,but each team number must be indicated.
- Pay by purchase order.
Purchase orders are acceptable from any VA or DC school system. Send your purchase order, payable to "JMU", to the address below. Be sure to include your team number on the P.O. so that it can be correctly credited. Multiple payments may be included in the same P.O., but each team number must be indicated.
Mailing address for check and P.O. payments:
James Madison University
800 S. Main, MSC 6911
Harrisonburg, VA 22807
(Note: Please be sure to make checks and POs payable to "JMU", and to include your team number(s) in the memo.)
Step 5. Enter Team Member Data
- Select View / Edit Team Registration Information from the Manager Options menu. You will be shown a list of teams that you have registered so far. Select the View / Edit Member Data to the right of the team for which you intend to enter team member data.
- You will be shown all team member data entered previously for the team.
- If you wish to remove a team member, click the Delete Member button on this screen.
- To make changes to a team member or add another team member, click the Edit Member Information button.
- If you wish to add team members, increase the Number of Members and additional slots will change automatically. Use the Delete button on the previous page to delete team members, however.
- Modify or complete all fields for each team member as necessary, then click Update Information at the bottom of the page. Click Cancel if you want to cancel your changes.
NOTE: If "Not Reported" is selected as a racial category for a team member, it must be un-checked before any other category can be selected instead.
Step 6. Select Tournament Preferences (available October 1st through 10th)
- From the View / Edit Team Registration Information page, select View / Edit Tournaments to the right of the team for which you want to select a tournament. You will be shown a list of tournaments with your previous selections, if any.
- To change the selections, click Enter Tournaments, then select 1st, 2nd, and 3rd preferences for your tournament. (Each team will be allowed to compete once only). You must select 1st, 2nd, and 3rd preferences in order to proceed.
- To cancel a tournament selection, click "N/A" to the right of the tournament.
- Click Update Tournaments at the bottom of the page to save your changes. Click Cancel if you want to cancel your changes.
Step 7. Logout
- When finished, return to the Manager Options menu and select Logout.
For HELP with tournament registration, please contact email@example.com .