Teaching and Learning
- CMU Robotics Academy
- FIRST Curriculum Collection
- High Tech Kids
- Lego Digital Designer
- NXT Tutorial
- This behavior-based programming video explains how to assemble simple control patterns to form complex behavior in a robot.
- Mastering the Lego Robot provides advice for team organization and robot design from an experienced coach.
- A new version (1.01) of the LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3 Software has
been released, to correct bugs in version 1.00. For more information,
- Mindstorms Upgrade: 2.0 to 2.1
This upgrade is for users who have Mindstorms NXT version 2.0 installed. It will not work for versions number 1.X. If you are running a version 1.x, you will need to purchase a license for version 2.0
- Mindstorms NXT Updates for Mac OS Users
If you are having problems running Mindstorms NXT on a Mac OS system,
you might need to install this software upgrade:
Note that there are separate upgrades for versions 2.0 and 2.1.
- Mindstorms NXT Firmware 1.31
This is the latest version of firmware for the NXT controller. (Firmware is the native operating system of the NXT controller.)
To install the firmware, unzip it and copy it to the directory "Lego Mindstorms NXT / engine / Firmware". For Windows users, this will be found under C:\Program Files; for Mac users it will be under Applications. Then, use the Tools/Update NXT Firmware option of the Mindstorms Programming application to install the firware to your NXT controller
- How to build an FLL practice table (PDF)
- How to build a lightweight portable practice table
- Lego Mindstorms
- LEGO Education (store, activities, etc.)
- Where to get replacements for missing parts in FLL field setup kits
- Nursing Home of the Future - Opportunity Map
Coaching workshop participation is by reservation only. To request a reservation, please send an email to the listed contact for the workshop that you would like to attend. Additional coaching workshops will be announced over the summer. Check here for updates.
Coaching workshops are for coaches and team mentors only, unless otherwise indicated. FLL team members are generally not permitted to attend.
|Wed, May 15
|SAIC McLean Towers Conference Room
1710 SAIC Drive McLean, VA 22102
|Thurs, Sept 12, 6-9 p.m.
|SAIC McLean Towers Conference Room, 1710 SAIC Drive McLean, VA||Dustin Skelton|